elephant- [el-uh-fuhnt] noun.
a situation that posses challenging qualities, often inspiring introspective reflections and extrovert interactions leading to the development of creative processes.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Class 5

It was a extremely interesting and a relief to hear and read the things we've been taught so far in class; i was always a supporter that creativity could be taught. I would always get the natural response from people: "Pfff, ya. Right. Not me." Creativity to me always got that bad rap because it simply isn't consistently taught as it's set of skills and techniques in school, so people therefore simply disregard it as a learned quality. The techniques though have given me some insight into practicing and developing my own methods for lateral thinking. To be honest, I was always interested in systems thinking. In other words, how can I develop a system to help me come up with a solution so that I can apply it later to other situations.

Other people mentioned in class:
  • creativity is teachable!
  • creativity can and is a way of life
  • creativity exists when there is no critique, though you need limits sometimes for productivity
  • do not critique an idea before you bring it up, anything can lead to anything!
  • no idea is a bad idea, there are connections when you change the context

No comments:

Post a Comment

watcha think 'bout?