elephant- [el-uh-fuhnt] noun.
a situation that posses challenging qualities, often inspiring introspective reflections and extrovert interactions leading to the development of creative processes.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Inspiration

I wanted to post a collection things/websites that give me inspiration as I move along......

www.abduzeedo.com
  • a website that I CONSTANTLY check, it provides a source of images from all over the internet and compiles them into one place. The daily inpiration section is a absolute favorite of mine.
www.postsecret.com
  • a quick website to visit that displays a single comic that is often appeals to dry humor
www.conceptart.org
  • an awesome place to explore some really talented artists who do a lot of digital artwork
Here's a painting I did based on one of the discussions there:
the painting is creative because in order to work with a digital medium u have to understand not only how the software works, but how to paint and translate between the two.....I started with basic shapes and gradually became more and more detailed.

  • I also always check out postsecret.blogspot.com as well, the secrets give me insights into how other people function, cope, and celebrate.
Within each of these sites is myriad of information , whether photos or words, that always continues to inspire me.

I also have a subscription to and always read PopSci and Juxtapose magazines, both kinda sit on opposite sides of the spectrum for material, but I'm addicted to design an art. Here's some images from both that I collected:
PopSci:



  • Juxtapose (physical Issue Brought turned in)
I also take inspiration from literary sources as well, continually from the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series

Here's a couple quotes to get your mind jogging: (Douglas Adam's has a very, very dry sense of humor)

No comments:

Post a Comment

watcha think 'bout?